Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is seeking an experienced LAMP stack developer to help take our customer-facing web platform to the next level. In conjunction with the management and development team, you’ll be participating in building, improving and expanding WHC’s systems to help small businesses make the most out of their online presence.
Who You Are
You’ve dabbled in DevOps, and have experience working with Linux on the command line, Bash, as well as version control systems like Git or SVN.
You know WordPress or other content management systems very well, having worked with other hosting or development services providers over the years and you understand the value behind quality infrastructure and solid support.
You’re autonomous, reliable, and obsessed with creating the ultimate User Experience within the applications you develop.
You’re comfortable working in an office or remotely and can communicate clearly in English or French.
- Participate in the planning, development, and deployment of the web platform managing WHC’s services, clients, billing and automation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within our production environment, as reported by our operations team
- Build and improve helper tools to assist our support team with their daily tasks
- Improve our Managed WordPress application, including WordPress plugin development
- Assist client with their development projects and provide estimates based on their requirements and needs
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience with PHP web development
- 3+ years experience working with MySQL and comfortable building complex SQL queries
- Experience developing on WordPress CMS (including plugins/themes) an asset
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or CVS
- Knowledge of the hosting industry, including cPanel control panel and WHMCS a definite asset
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and command-line server management an asset
- Having completed a minimum of 3-year University level degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in either English or French
- Must pass a security background check
Back to Job List