Web Hosting Canada (WHC) empowers tens of thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs and small businesses to thrive with its powerful yet affordable online solutions.
Join us and be part of a collaborative and passionate team dedicated to building Canada’s ultimate growth ecosystem.
How you fit in
Web Hosting Canada (WHC) is looking for an experienced LAMP stack web developer, you’ll help take our customer-facing web platform to the next level. In conjunction with the management and development team, you’ll be participating in building, improving and expanding WHC’s systems to help small businesses make the most out of their online presence.
You Will Make an Impact By
- Participating in the planning, development, and deployment of the management platform managing WHC’s services, clients, billing and automation
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within our production environment, as reported by our operations team
- Build and improve helper tools to assist our support team with their daily tasks
- Improve our Managed WordPress application, including WordPress plugin development
- Assist client with their development projects and provide estimates based on their requirements and needs
Who you are:
- You’ve dabbled in DevOps, and have experience working with Linux on the command line, Bash, as well as version control systems like Git or SVN.
- You know WordPress or other content management systems very well, having worked with other hosting or development services providers over the years and you understand the value behind quality infrastructure and solid support.
- You are autonomous, reliable, and obsessed with creating the ultimate User Experience within the applications you develop.
- 2+ years experience with PHP web development
- 2+ years experience working with MySQL and comfortable building complex SQL queries
- Experience with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN or CVS
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and command-line server management
- Having completed a minimum of 3-year University level degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Good working knowledge of English and/or French both written and oral communication
- Must pass a security background check
What we offer:
- A growing tech company, with driven, passionate people and a shared purpose.
- A modern Work From Anywhere approach to working remotely AND a new office in Montreal (with ping pong and foosball), should you choose to work from there.
- Group insurance, personal days & other perks
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for Canadian opportunities.
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and religion. We've witnessed firsthand how a diverse workforce fosters unique perspectives, increased innovation, better problem-solving, engagement and an overall happier work environment.
Back to Job List