Web Hosting Canada (WHC) empowers tens of thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs and small businesses to thrive with its powerful yet affordable online solutions.
Join us and be part of a collaborative and passionate team dedicated to building Canada’s ultimate growth ecosystem.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Helping solve complex problems for Canadian Businesses trying to grow and succeed online
- Providing Escalation support and coaching to Level 1 support specialists, by phone and chat
- Providing Level 2 technical assistance to customers by phone, chat, and online helpdesk
- Coordinating issue resolutions, feature requests, and bug fixes with Level 3 System Administrators and Dev teams
- Troubleshooting email, DNS, domain, and LAMP stack problems
- Installing, analyzing, troubleshooting and optimizing installations of Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla and other content management systems
- Helping maintain the proper functioning of a production environment for shared, dedicated, and virtualized web hosting servers
- Documenting issue resolution, both internally and in public KBs
- Coaching and training for L1 agents
- 2+ years of experience with providing operational support for website hosting, domain names & DNS management, cloud infrastructure, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience using cPanel/WHM or other control panels
- cPanel Certification is an asset
- Excellent understanding of web concepts such as DNS and IP
- Excellent understanding of email systems and protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP), and mail servers (Exim, Dovecot, Courier)
- 1+ year(s) working with MySQL DBMS (or equivalent)
- Skilled communicator in both French and English
- Knowledge of PHP or Bash scripting an asset
- Knowledge of WHMCS an asset
- Basic knowledge of SEO/SEM concepts
What we offer:
- A modern Work From Anywhere approach to working remotely AND a wonderful office in Montreal, should you choose to work from there!
- Comprehensive training
- Group Insurance (if you’re in Canada)
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
**Must be legally eligible to work in Canada**
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and religion. We've witnessed firsthand how a diverse workforce fosters unique perspectives, increased innovation, better problem-solving, engagement and an overall happier work environment.
Back to Job List