Web Hosting Canada (WHC) empowers tens of thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs and small businesses to thrive with its powerful yet affordable online solutions.
Join us and be part of a collaborative and passionate team dedicated to building Canada’s ultimate growth ecosystem.
How you fit in
Reporting directly to the Dev Team Lead and in close collaboration with the Marketing team, the Web Designer will help design and implement views and interfaces to help improve the experience for our clients as well as our staff.
The Web Designer will work in a highly Agile environment with modern frameworks and cutting edge tools to help build beautiful streamlined apps and experiences for our users. While focusing most of their attention within the Dev team, they will also assist the marketing team with visual integrations, including website and blog updates.
You Will Make an Impact By
- Building streamlined views and user interfaces for client and staff applications
- Helping improve our platform’s overall user experience
- Maintaining and improving WHC’s websites
- Assisting the marketing team with visual campaigns and integrations
- Building high-quality mockups and designing prototypes
- Creating high-quality graphics and visual elements
- Optimizing views for streamlined performance
- Designing mobile-based systems
- Ensuring visual brand guidelines are respected
Who you are:
- You are a proficient Web Designer with more than 3 years experience with UX/UI, and appreciate the fast development pace of Agile Methodology within a small, highly-skilled team.
- You have experience building or growing streamlined web applications
- You have a sharp eye for good design
- You know Bootstrap or other CSS framework , having worked with other web or development agencies over the years
- You are autonomous, reliable, and obsessed with creating the ultimate User Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Front-end Developer or Web Designer
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- 3+ years of experience with markup languages like HTML and XML
- Experience with GIT
- Proficiency with PHP, Bash and Agile methodology are definite assets
- Computer Science or Graphic Design degree an asset
- Good working knowledge of English and French both written and oral communication
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer:
- A growing tech company, with driven, passionate people and a shared purpose.
- A modern Work From Anywhere approach to working remotely AND a new office in Montreal (with ping pong and foosball), should you choose to work from there.
- Group insurance, personal days & other perks
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and religion. We've witnessed firsthand how a diverse workforce fosters unique perspectives, increased innovation, better problem-solving, engagement and an overall happier work environment.
Back to Job List