Web Hosting Canada (WHC) empowers tens of thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs and small businesses to thrive with its powerful yet affordable online solutions.
Join us and be part of a collaborative and passionate team dedicated to building Canada’s ultimate growth ecosystem.
How you fit in:
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance in WHC’s new Montreal head office, the Bookkeeper is a key player in the Finance department and the organization as a whole. The Bookkeeper’s general accounting functions include preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, as well as account and bank reconciliations.
This is a hybrid full-time position, requiring 3 days/week of work from the Montreal office, and up to 2 days/week of remote work from home.
You will make an impact by:
- Performing full-cycle bookkeeping including balancing and reconciling accounts
- Managing Accounts Payable and vendor relationships
- Providing Accounts Receivable & chargeback support for the billing team
- Assisting with the month-end and fiscal year-end closing process
- Completing GST/QST filing
- Assisting with financial reporting
- Preparing analysis of accounts, as requested
- Ensuring compliance with government requirements
- All other related tasks
- Handling of incoming mail and checks
- Providing administrative assistance in WHC’s Montreal head office
Who you are:
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tight deadline
- You are fully versed in Canadian and Quebec business accounting
- You are located in the Greater Montreal area
- You are analytical and hands-on
- You are precise and exact
- You are autonomous and proactive
- You are a Canadian resident
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a similar accounting role
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks/Quickbooks Online is an asset
- English fluency required; functional French is an asset
What we offer:
- A growing tech company, with driven, passionate people and a shared purpose
- A modern new office in Montreal (with ping pong and foosball) with a hybrid work arrangement
- Group insurance, personal days & other perks
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and religion. We've witnessed firsthand how a diverse workforce fosters unique perspectives, increased innovation, better problem-solving, engagement and an overall happier work environment.
Back to Job List