Web Hosting Canada (WHC) empowers tens of thousands of Canadian entrepreneurs and small businesses to thrive with its powerful yet affordable online solutions.
Join us and be part of a collaborative and passionate team dedicated to building Canada’s ultimate growth ecosystem.
How you fit in
Reporting directly to the DevOps Lead, the IT Help desk Specialist will be responsible for answering any and all IT related questions for our staff. You will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software and network. Additionally, you will help manage the current infrastructure, plan for maintenance and upgrades and train users.
You Will Make an Impact By
- Providing first level support for our staff over multiple regions, including: troubleshooting basic issues on hardware, network, systems and desktop.
- Acting as the first point-of-contact for enquiries, service requests and incidents received from users.
- Supporting users requests via multiple channels including email, phone calls,and live chat.
- Installing and configuring operating systems such as Windows, MacOS and Linux (Ubuntu)
- Diagnosing and resolving technical hardware and software issues.
- Managing and help enforce security policies
- Responding to security incidents
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting problems involving VPN, Windows or Linux Remote Desktop
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners to all of our internal users.
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting VOIP clients, including managing PBX configurations and voicemail
- Maintaining records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identifying computer or network equipment shortages and placing orders.
- Performing necessary duties to expand, improve, deploy and maintain the office network, hardware and systems to ensure sufficient and efficient operation within the office.
- Logging all help desk interactions
Who you are:
- You are someone with good knowledge and understanding of the principles of networks and troubleshooting.
- You are good at the technical management of computer hardware and software systems.
- You are self reliant and can diagnose software and network connectivity problems
- Possess relevant IT qualification or IT Helpdesk certification,
- 1+ year(s) of relevant technical helpdesk/IT work experience
- Experience setting up Linux (Ubuntu), Mac and Windows workstations
- Experience working with file servers, VPN servers and security systems
- Experience with Active Directory or FreeIPA an asset
- Experience with the hosting industry an asset
What we offer:
- A growing tech company, with driven, passionate people and a shared purpose.
- A modern Work From Anywhere approach to working remotely AND a new office in Montreal (with ping pong and foosball), should you choose to work from there.
- Group insurance, personal days & other perks
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
Back to Job List