How you fit in
Web Hosting Canada is looking for a Head of Customer Experience. This is a top priority, high-level, high-visibility role for a seasoned hands-on professional, significantly experienced in all phases of Contact Center technology (voice, data, chat, email, etc.) and high-value technical help desk delivery services.
Working directly with the CEO, the Head of Customer Experience will focus on the management and optimization of day-to-day operations of the company’s Customer Experience services. These include:
- 24/7 Support Services, 3 levels
- Billing Services
- Education Services (KCS, QA, coaching & training)
- Technical Account Management (TAM)
The Head of Customer Experience is primarily responsible for ensuring that people, systems, and processes support outstanding execution of all operations and delivery of products and services as well as ensuring the company's leading position among its competitors.
You Will Make an Impact By
- Developing and sustaining a dynamic and winning customer focused culture that contributes to the success of the overall organization
- Leading, motivating and coaching the team to ensure the highest possible quality of Customer Experience
- Mentoring, developing and leading a high-performance management and support services team; attracting, recruiting and retaining top talent; providing mentoring as a cornerstone for succession planning and promoting career development
- Motivating team members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse viewpoints and experiences; coaching; encouraging team dialogue, improvement and innovation
- Managing the employee performance process as necessary by preparing, documenting and delivering development plans and performance evaluations
- Developing and driving strategies to improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending and/or implementing changes in methods, processes and tools that improve support experience
- Effectively communicate with your counterparts and implement best practices across the Customer Experience organization
- Maintaining strong relationships with all key internal stakeholders, including Sales and Product Leadership, to assess current support processes and methodologies, and associated discipline and accountability, and implement necessary adjustments to optimize support service levels.
- Leading resolution of escalations and issues for all high priority, high visibility or critical accounts
- Monitoring and managing all KPIs, including service level, customer satisfaction metrics, and ensuring feedback and escalations details are captured and conveyed internally to continually improve the customer experience
- Ensuring solid financial management including budgeting, operating plan development, and resource and capacity planning.
- Monitoring and managing support queues and escalations as necessary
- Lead and expand Customer Experience organization
- Manage escalations to executives
- Own Customer Experience and drive the customer centric culture
- Mitigate situations between customer and lead cross-functionally to drive customer success
- Learn from existing experiences and build on that foundation.
- Gather feedback from other departments, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering
- Advocate for changes in other departments’ ways of working and collaborating
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer’s journey
- Create a company-wide customer feedback loop
- Drive alignment with Sales, Marketing & Product and stay informed regarding customers’ important news
- Execute key metrics for the Customer Experience at company level
- Achieve operational excellence and rigor
- Develop and lead global programs focused on continuous improvement and evolution of support services offerings
- Team up with other departments to implement systems and processes designed to enable scale and support excellence
- Partner with other teams to provide customer feedback, streamline processes and improve customer outcomes
- Lead and develop a motivated team of Services professionals
- Build upon Web Hosting Canada’s career framework to enhance the team’s focus on personnel development
- Attract, develop, and retain the best possible team and ensure they operate and assimilate successfully into the Web Hosting Canada culture
- Optimize as needed the key performance indicators, both operational and financial, and hold people accountable for results
- 10+ years of support leadership experience in complex technology ecosystem (ideally Cloud & Hosting)
- Experience leading at least teams of 50-100 FTE’s with 5-10 direct reports
- Strong track record of leading support function for market-leading companies in the broader enterprise technology space
- A high degree of familiarity and comfort with cloud and subscription-based methodologies
- Possess an aptitude for how technology products and solutions solve business problems, across global IT environments
- Experience in transforming global support operations
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing and transforming a comprehensive global support within an enterprise technology organization
- An understanding of the strategic and operational processes that are necessary to help a company move forward in a rapidly evolving industry and playing field
- Scale up, high-paced environment experience
- A collaborative problem solver who has played roles that are larger than their official scope as the “glue” that helps deliver results across team boundaries; known to setting up processes and systems that enable a team, division or company to see around the corner to the next obstacle and opportunity faster than the competition
- Mid-size or large company experience with an entrepreneurial mindset is ideal
- Experience in a start-up environment would be an added advantage
- Proven leadership, team building and coach skills
- Experience with working in an international business environment and managing fully remote teams
- Ability to travel internationally
What we offer:
- A growing tech company, with driven, passionate people and a shared purpose.
- A modern Work From Anywhere approach to working remotely AND a new office in Montreal (with ping pong and foosball), should you choose to work from there.
- Group insurance, personal days & other perks
- Highly collaborative work environment with a proactive leadership team
Position is open to Canada or the United States; must be legally eligible to work in one of these countries.
Inclusion and diversity are at the core of what we stand for at WHC. We strongly believe everyone has the right to be their authentic self in the workplace and therefore should feel comfortable doing so. That’s why we celebrate our differences in race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and religion. We've witnessed firsthand how a diverse workforce fosters unique perspectives, increased innovation, better problem-solving, engagement and an overall happier work environment.
Back to Job List